Tottenham comes to this match having not won in 4 of their last 5 Premier League matches (1 draw and 3 losses), a dynamic in which they have only won at Brighton (2-1), they have drawn away from home against him Norwich (2-2) and has lost to Liverpool (0-1), Southampton (1-0) and Chelsea (0-2).
As a local, Tottenham has lost 2 of his last 3 games (1 victory), results that have taken him away from the Europa League square, since he is now 4 points away from Manchester United (5th), 2 from Sheffield United (6th) and 1 from Wolverhampton (7th). As for the FA Cup, this will be the repetition match having tied in the first leg.
Tottenham presents these numbers in Premier League:
– Ranked in 8th position with 30 points after 22 contested days.
– As home he has 6 wins, 2 draws and 3 losses with 21 goals in favor and 11 against.
– As a visitor he has 2 wins, 4 draws and 5 losses with 15 goals in favor and 20 against.
In terms of alignment, Tottenham will have the casualties of Hugo Lloris , Ben Davies, Tanguy Ndombélé , Harry Kane and Moussa Sissoko .
Middlesbrough comes chaining a streak of 5 consecutive games without losing in the Championship (4 wins and 1 draw), an excellent dynamic in which only points have been left tied at home on the last day against Derby County (2-2), After winning in all previous games (0-2 vs. Preston North End / 0-2 vs. West Bromwich / 1-0 vs. Huddersfield / 2-1 vs. Stoke City).
As a visitor, Middlesbrough has 2 wins in a row, having left behind a run of 11 straight games without winning (5 draws and 6 losses). These results have allowed him to move away from the relegation positions until he is 10 points away, specifically from Barnsley (22nd), a team that marks these positions. As for the FA Cup, he will have a second chance to beat Tottenham after the first game draw.
The Middlesbrough presents these numbers in Championship:
– Ranked in 16th position with 34 points after 27 contested days.
– As home he has 6 wins, 5 draws and 3 losses with 14 goals in favor and 13 against.
– As a visitor he has 2 wins, 5 draws and 6 losses with 14 goals in favor and 21 against.
As for the lineup, Middlesbrough will not have casualties for this match.
PREDICTION: Over 2,5 goals @ 1,61